Interested in careers at Azalea Estates of Fayetteville? Please apply for a position and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
RESIDENT CARE DIRECTOR
The Resident Care Director (RCD) is responsible for providing oversight of resident care and direct supervision of Certified Nursing Assistants (Companions) delivering care and services to residents. The RCD sets the tone and the overall leadership in the operations of the community and assures compliance to applicable regulatory requirements and standards of Sterling Estates.
Georgia Nursing license current and in good standing
3 years in a position with management and leadership responsibilities
2 years of industry experience desired
Ability to work in a fast paced customer service based position
Able to work flexible hours to include weekends, nights and holidays
Must be able to read and understand, write and communicate the English language
The Resident Care Director is responsible for the overall management of the Nursing Department to include, but not limited to:
- Providing quality care and service to all residents which supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and quality standards of Sterling Estates while ensuring compliance with State Regulations.
- Provide supportive, customized care according to their individualized needs.
- Accurately assess, communicate and document resident status.
- Observes and reports any significant changes in condition of health or behavior to the Executive Director, Physician and Family of all residents
- Conduct regular meetings with residents and their family members to ensure needs are being met and review any changes in condition requiring changes to care needed and given
- Oversee training and development of care team ensuring all care staff is compliant with state regulations
- Oversee and assist with all medication management, including administration of medications to residents and ordering medication from the pharmacy as needed
- Oversee medical care of the residents by coordinating with the families and doctors to provide continuity of care
- Provide staff with daily updates concerning resident care needs, family communication and continued education
- Responsible for hiring care staff per state regulations
- Provides training upon hire and oversees that all care staff has continued education to meet state requirements
- Follows department budget when ordering supplies/uniforms
- Required to set up flu clinic annually
- Oversee Scheduling of staff according to state compliance and company standards for care
- Oversee care staff coaching and counseling as needed; following disciplinary policies along with HR to ensure code of ethics, Azalea standards and resident right are held accountable
- Performs annual reviews on clinical staff
- Ensure documentation is kept on all residents per state regulations
Directly reports to the Executive Director
Duties include but are not limited to the above responsibilities
Job requires flexibility with work hours
Resident Care Director is on call 24/7 for emergencies
Must address Resident and Family concerns in a timely manner (24-48hrs unless it is an emergency, which requires immediate response)Apply for this position
The Wellness Director motivates, inspires, and encourages all residents to exercise their bodies and minds. This position reports to the Executive Director and is not an entry-level position. The Wellness Director should have a passion for working with older adults. This a NOT a Nursing position. Please read all job duties and requirements and if you meet or exceed, we would love to hear from you. Serious inquires only.
JOB DUTIES include, but not limited to:
Teach group exercise classes to residents in wellness center and in pool, if needed.
Design and progress personal training program for residents.
Lead the Wellness Team in all daily tasks and create new content
Motivate all residents to exercise
Manage pool chemicals and supplies daily
Design new wellness classes
Implement special wellness events monthly
Set up all appointments and manage all paperwork for outside vendors – Podiatrist Visits, Audiologist Visits, etc.
Oversee community water aerobics instructor and program
Oversee integrated therapy using our pool
Prepare and present lectures on various health topics to residents
Write articles on Wellness for monthly newsletter and local publications.
Manage Wellness budget
Create and utilize evidence-based exercise programs for our residents
Yearly wellness checks for each resident
Successful candidates will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to demonstrate patience and maturity in difficult situations, be confident of skills and have a willingness to learn new procedures. Successful candidates must possess the ability to take on multiple responsibilities within the community and be able to work together as a team to share their genuine compassion care with those whom we are privileged to work with.
This FULL-TIME position includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
- 1-3 years of experience with older adults
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, exercise physiology, kinesiology, or related field.
- ACSM certified physiologist
- Certified personal trainer or group fitness instructor through ACE, ACSM or IFTA